No products in the cart.
Treatment of Dandruff at Dr.Banerjee Homeopathy includes our specially formulated homeopathy treatment for complete cure of dandruff. Visit one of our clinics for a detailed assessment and quick cure of dandruff. Dandruff is a shedding of dead cells of skin which is accompanied with itching and redness. The severity of dandruff will fluctuate and becomes severe. Dandruff needs treatments at earliest the early you start treatment better results we get and can prevent the condition from getting worse.
Causes of Dandruff
- Poor hygiene.
- Excessive use of chemical hair products.
- Dry skin.
- Seasonal changes
- Yeast like fungal infection, Fungus malassezia (previously known as Pityrosporum ovale).
- Allergic sensitivity and individual susceptibility.
Signs and Symptoms of Dandruff
- Itchiness and flakiness of skin
- Intermittent phases alternating with burning itching and scaling actively increased during winter with remissions during summer this may be effect from sunlight on malessezia.
- Scalp appearance ranging from mild patchy scaly adherent crust, plaques are rare they spread from scalp to forehead and posterior of neck and ear folds,.
- Red and greasy patches of skin and feeling tingly on skin
- Depending upon the severity duration and progression of disease we can do biopsy examination and fungal culture test to find out the causative factor.
Complications of Dandruff
If dandruff, not treated it will further lead into severe complications like Psychological stress – embarrassment in public.
- Hair loss.
- Infection- due to excess of scratching can further lead to damage of skin which will help bacteria to grow easily leading into infection.
- Flakes of dandruff falling over skin can further lead to psoriasis, eczema of skin.
Allopathic treatment of Dandruff
- Topical corticosteroids (except for short term course).
- For skin involvement ketoconazole, naftifine or ciclopirox creams and gels, sulfur or sulfonamide combinations.
- For acute flares – corticosteroid creams, lotions, solutions.
- For severe cases- ketoconazole or fluconazole.
- Frequent shampooing containing salicylic acid, coal tar, sulfur, selenium, and zinc compounds.
- Overnight application of coal tar, bath oil or Bekers P & S Solution
Homoeopathic treatment of Dandruff
- Some of homoepathic medicines like kali sulph, Natrum mur, Thuja, Sulphur, Psorinium, Badiaga. In comparison to allopathic treatment the relapse and severity and progression of disease takes within a short of period of time. So that the complications can be prevented .It promotes better quality of hair and improves the condition of scalp .Prevents its re-occurrence.
Homeopathy has a very well scope in cases of dandruff as it helps in improving the immunity and reducing the stress levels in patient.It can prevent certain major skin illness such as Psoriasis or Eczema from coming up in a pt if the flakes are more in quantity to start with at the beginning of the treatment .
Visit one of the Dr.Banerjee Homeopathy Clinic today for an expert pre-treatment analysis and specialty treatment of Dandruff.